The Government of Barbados through the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation has been granted a loan from the Inter-American Development Bank for the overall management and support of the Skills for the Future Program. The Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation now invites qualified Individual Consultant for the following consultancy:
Digitization of the Labour Department at the Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Human Resource Development (MLSD)
The objective of this consultancy is to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Labour Department, through the creation of an electronically-based system of accurate, relevant and updated labour statistics. Subsequently, the consultant will meet the following qualification requirements:
- Equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in creating and formulating diverse types of databases;
- Experience in developing user-friendly software for data input, analysis and generating reports, tailor-made for different users
- Experience in delivering training in the use of information systems, database management or other related areas;
- Experience in working with Microsoft SQL Server or any other Relational Database Software.
- Proficiency in web based languages
Recruitment will be done in accordance with IDB policies and procedures. Individual Consultants’ Regulations: Selection based on comparison of qualifications of Individual Consultants. The Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Inter-American Development Bank: GN2350-9 - Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by the Inter-American Development Bank (March 2011 edition). In assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to eligibility, technical competence, qualifications and experience.
Further details on the program, terms of reference, contract terms and conditions, application process, qualification requirements and eligibility for the positions may be obtained from the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation website at http://www.mes.gov.bb; and the Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Human Resource Development website at https://labour.gov.bb
Applicants should submit in hard copy a signed original letter of application, accompanied by three (3) hard copies of the detailed curriculum vitae, an electronic copy of this information should also be provided, no later than 4:15pm Friday, May 13, 2016 to the address below in a sealed envelope containing the name and address of the applicant.
The Programme Director
Programme Coordinating Unit
Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation
The Elsie Payne Complex, Constitution Road,